Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

I have been blessed! (& win a Starbucks gift card!)


Guys,
Two very simple acts of kindness have been such a huge blessing for me over the past week that I just have to share. 
Photo found on several different websites.
It all started last Sunday when I ran through the Starbucks drive through. When I am in any drive through line I am absolutely oblivious to everything around me. I always use the time I am sitting there to clean, organize, look at my phone, etc. HAH! If anyone ever watches me in a drive through line they probably think I am crazy. It is just 5 minutes of time I HATE to waste. Anyways… back to the story. I pulled up to get my drink and the cashier says, "Your drink has been paid for by the person in front of you. Have a nice day." I respond with… "WHAT? I can't believe this. Are you serious? Wow! I can't believe this. What I blessing. I can't believe this."After about a minute of me rambling to the cashier I take off with a HUGE smile on my face and a happy heart. It took me about 3 minutes to go.."CRAP! I should have been a blessing to the person behind me, too." I blame my forgetfulness on the shock I was in. I know things like that happen… but I didn't think they happened to me. I decided then and there to pay it forward sometime in the near future.

Friday morning I pull into the Chick-fil-a drive through and immediately start using my time sitting still to look at my phone and organize. I get to the front of the line and ONCE AGAIN the cashier says, "Your meal has been paid for by the person in front of you." My response, "NO WAY. This is the second time this has happened in ONE week. How in the world? Gosh, people are so nice. Wow."This time I was prepared and "paid it forward" to the person behind me. I only hope that it made them as happy as the people in front of me made me.

This long story is not to brag about how I got my meal paid for twice this week… Hahah, but to tell all of you how BIG a blessing even the smallest "random act of kindness" can be to others. I have witnessed first hand what a small act of kindness can do to a persons attitude and spirit. 

This year has been a difficult year for myself and my family and the holidays are going to be the worst part. It is SO incredibly cool how God knows that and sends STRANGERS into our lives to be a blessing when we need a blessing most. These two random acts of kindness have inspired and motivated me to share kindness with others ALL year. It is now my mission to be a blessing like others have been a blessing to me. Even though my mission is to be a blessing… I have learned that when you share with others, you are blessed as well.

Be a blessing this holiday season.
I have learned the impact one person can have on another and because of that, I am living my life in a whole different mindset now. I just wish I could find the two strangers who blessed me this week so I could tell them THANK YOU… 
not only for my breakfast… 
but for impacting my life. 

All of you are also a blessing to me, so I would love to send one of you guys a Starbucks gift card. 
All you need to do is comment below one way you have been blessed or one "random act of kindness" you want to do in the future. I can't wait to hear yalls ideas! 



11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story! Last year I had a coworker who would randomly show up with McDonald's sweet tea for me! I love it, but don't pass by one on my way to work and she did. It was a great way to get the day started!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am at a new school this year. My team is wonderful! I am the only one on my team with a little one (their's are all in HS or college). Several occasions, I have gotten to work to find a coke, chocolate or a special little treat. They are so great and it's such a surprising start to my day!

    Christin
    Shifting Teacher K-2

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youth group when I was in high school use to do RAKs all throughout November and December. One of my all time favorites was when we'd each bring a few dollar bills. We would hide them in the toy section of a the dollar store for unsuspecting little ones! It was so much fun seeing how excited kids would get finding one.

    Another one I love was that we'd purchase generic gift cards at Safeway or Frey Meyers for increments of $5. Then we would ask cashiers to use them randomly on anyone purchasing diapers or baby food. We also left a small note for the cashier to give the recipient wishing them and their child a Merry Christmas.

    I love hearing other's Random Acts and getting ideas!

    Kayla
    Rooting for Third Grade
    crei9070@vandals.uidaho.edu

    ReplyDelete
  4. This happened to me at Starbuck's too on Black Friday. I love paying it forward. Trying doing it with your coworkers without them know it is you. It makes them super happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so going to do this the next time I am in a drive-thru! I think I would've been in shock too! :) I try to do RAKs at work and leave treats for coworkers in their box or picking up a pastry when I go to Starbucks and leave it on someone's desk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I have had someone pay for my coffee too at the Starbucks drive thru. In turn I paid for the car behind me :-) I like to think he or she passed it on as well! diannehall777@gmail.com

    Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to make goodies for my neighbors. We're new to the neighborhood and want to bless them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been so blessed by having a loving family who are healthy and a roof over my head! I would like my family to donate our time to the local shelter!
    mermont84 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to volunteer with my kids at our local food bank one day. I think it is important and such a good cause.

    kenhall013@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every Christmas Eve, my family & I go to Wal-Mart, buy gift cards and hand them right back to the cashier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, You won the Starbucks gift card! Please email me at adventuresofmssmith@gmail.com so I can get it to you! =)

      Delete